Pronounced like “Comicon” it’s “Veganicon”
Actually no I am just going to talk about Atomic test pilot’s Icon, and my searches for vegetarian food.
1 – Atomic test pilot was released this week, in pure metal form it hit the UK iTunes chart at number 666 (click the image to read the demon number for yourself):
So how did it do so average? well it did better than “Space Lift Daner Panic!” despite being a worse game, and not having any promotion…my guess is it’s down to icon-zzzz, those that are interested should take note of these stats:
Space Lift Danger Panic
- Featured on App advice
- had a vidoe made on youtube by someone playing the game
- had a proper trailer
- had paid advertising
- had a few other mentions here and there
- And this Icon:
- Day 1 downloads:1148
- Total Downloads to date: 2412 (over 3.5 months)
Atomic Test Pilot
- no advertising, trailers or features….nada. I am not particularly proud of the game so I just wanted to release it quietly…
- It has this icon:
- Day 1 downloads:1581
- Total Downloads to date: 2581 (over 6 days)
I guess it hasn’t done that much better, but the closeness means one of two things: Promotion and features do not do anything for your sales, or having a good icon is quite important. I have a new icon for Space Lift Danger Panic now, but it’s probably too late to save the day at this stage…(however android and Playstation Vita are coming soon – so who knows!)
While we are here (seeing as I just manged to log back in to app annie for the first time in a cantury)
- Lifetime downloads: 728 (all paid)
- In App purchases: 10 (yep in app purchases look like the future for paid apps from this data)
- Refunds – 1 !
Hiragana Pixel Party
Sadly I cant get the complete figures for this, the first couple of months arent on the sheet, and as far as I remember there were a lot of downloads during that period. however since august:
- 9619 downloads (free)
- 802 sales – but note they are mostly at $1.99 (minus 30%)
Looking back over old posts, its hard to know really how many units I got through….but my guess is that can be multiplied by 1.5 – 2…so not so bad…but not great. my guess is I am sitting somewhere around the 20K download mark…20,000 is more people than I will probably ever meet in my life, so that’s good.
So on to the Vegan bit:
New years resolution – every Monday be a vegetarian. should be easy right? Well last week I had no cash, so needed to make use of an up market eating emporium that would accept my credit card I sat down in Nando’s, then remembered it was Monday. So stood up and sadly walked away. The Ramen shop told me all their soups were made with bones for stock…so I went upstairs and picked the hotpot place. I explained I wanted to eat a vegetarian meal, I then sat down and they filled my pot with lots of insanely spicy soup. Confused they asked what meat I wanted, none I said…which made me sad as I was paying extra for the meat I would be skipping….then I filled my bowl with lotus root, pumpkin and mushrooms before going back to the table to soup it up…the staff came over looking upset “sorry sir, our soups are all fish based” by this point I was already in there and eating, so I decided to go with it….Today should have been easy as I had cash, so I went up to the food court where a multitude of stalls are available, after walking around most of them I gave up. Here is a conversation from one:
- Do you have anything vegetarian?
- The helpful lady points to a picture on the menu and says “this is vegetarian”
- but arent those fish balls?
- No, they are pork.
- Ah, sorry I said Vegetarian, you know, no meat….
- Ah then this…
- That is called seafood tom yum, I’d love to eat that but it has several different types of fish in the picture including a giant prawn looking up at me with his crunchy delicious face….I think he would class himself as meat, and so would I.
In the end I had pumpkin soup at soup spoon…so I found success, but it reminded me of my favourite bread product over at the university the “Veganwich” which you would assume from its title contained no fish, meat or dairy, well to start with they open up the bread and start squirting mayonaise all over it, last time I checked mayo contained egg as one of it’s only two ingredients. Which I think (but I could be wrong) comes from Chickens…in Singapore I think it would be very hard to be a vegetarian, and being a vegan would probably be virtually impossible.
This weeks game update / or new game submission:
There isnt one…which means I need to get my action in gear…and kick out the jams.